Tuesday, January 17, 2006

In the Eyes

My Eyes are in Your Eyes

Do you always look so childlike?
Do they always have this fire burning deep inside?
There is something in your looks that calms me down;
As if I am at the shore of the calmest seas...
I am a sailboat now, at your harbor
I came from thunderstorms, resting in you.
I wish this tranquility, this silence never ends;
I wish these matchless moments with you last forever...
Never close your eyes, never let your light go away,
My day, my light, my silkworm!
My last flower alive in my fall garden!
I wish my tired heart never sees grief with you;
Don't separate your childlike eyese from my eyes,
Your pure, honest, secluded eyes

Umit Yasar Oguzcan


To Stay Grieved

I could get angry at
The people I love,
If love
Hadn't taught me
To stay grieved.

Orhan Veli

No comments: