Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Arrival in Andalusia


Monday 23rd February 20.30 - I walked out of the 'Arrivals' hall of Jerez airport and into a starry Andalusian evening. I was carrying 2 bags. One baggage of 15kg that contained my few clothes; and a 10kg hand-luggage that contained this laptop I now write upon, and a few books. Inside my jacket pocket was a Western Digital 250GB portable hard-drive.

By 21.30 I had arrived at my destination. A hilltop 'Blanco Pueblo' (white town) that dot the Andalusian landscape from Cadiz to Costa la Luz. It was a warmish barmy evening - good for February...

I put my bags down and walked through a cave passage onto the private terrace. Ahead of me was an expanse of landscape; above me the stars sprinkled a clear night sky; below me was a direct 400 metre drop to the dirt and river below. I am literally situated on the edge of a cliff, at the end of a hilltop town...it is tranquil... yet when the wind blows, it howls like a banshee!

Tonight the Levant wind blows... or rather it shrieks around the cliff walls outside... it is now 20.45 and I'm thinking of cooking a little tomato, onion, and garlic. The vegetables here are home grown and the tomatoes are as big as oranges... and the oranges are as big as melons... outside in the courtyard stands a sole lemon tree - soon it will spring into small white flowers; later it will sprout lemons the size of melon-sized oranges...

The new Glenn Campbell album is playing through my laptop speakers...

El futuro es abierto...

Yesterday I wi-fied the house; so I can keep my 'electronic eyes' roaming on the Net-world... as I drink a chilled glass of sherry... This year is the quickening ... changes erupting all around us ... I'm now listening to Andrew Bird's Noble Beast and the wind is howling like a true beast too...yet the Levant is a warm wind... phew!

Everything is possible - I don't know what the future will bring; where I will be, or what I will do once my money runs out... In the meantime, I guess you sometimes need to create movement in order to attract a change in our Universal energies... so they notice you :-)

In all and everything, we should live within each moment and enjoy the adventure. And bless each one of us for being here. We are all a part of something great and wonderful - if only we have to keep reminding ourselves.... I'll remind you if you'll remind me...

Namaste

x

-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stay well friend - george - bangalore

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

May those Andalucian skies be a source of constant inspiration and liberation. May the sun's rays keep you eternally warm and full of wonder and suprise .... may this year be simply amazing.

my fondest wishes to you my dear dear friend and traveller ... i will be sending my love from whereever the road takes me.

Layla