Sunday, January 20, 2008

Some thoughts on Change...

I begin with some words on change... how I feel it is fast upon us...

The world is changed.
I feel it in the water.
I feel it in the earth.
I smell it in the air.
Much that once was, is lost,
for none now live who remember it

Galadriel, Lord of the Rings

And remember that balance and internal harmony is the best bet for great shifts:

Many of us worry about the situation of the world. We don't know when the bombs will explode. We feel that we are on the edge of time. As individuals, we feel helpless, despairing. The situation is so dangerous, injustice is so widespread, the danger is close. In this kind of situation, if we panic, things will only become worse. We need to remain calm, to see clearly. Meditation is to be aware, and to try to help.

Thich Nhat Hanh - Buddhist monk

And so it is for us to shine our own internal lamps...

No comments: